Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ten Winkers!

Maia and I were playing in her room this afternoon. We have a game we play where I pretend to be asleep and she can't wake me with anything other than a kiss. Kind of Sleeping Beauty meets Leave Mummy Alone For 40 Winks...

Anyway, Maia was jumping up and down, yelping, yellering and generally making loads of noise. She then started to blow furzibberts. Now, I don't know if you have ever had a furzibbert off a three year old, but they tend to be very wet and not very noisy. Which, of course, is the exact opposite of their intention. Anyway, after a few REALLY spluttery ones (ugh) Maia got me good. A loud, thundercracker of farty noise exploded on my belly and I burst out laughing.

"Mummy! You are supposed to be having ten winkers! You can't wake up now because that wasn't a kiss!"

It most certainly wasn't. And there was no way I was going to get back to sleep after that one, either. Ten winkers indeed.

No comments: