Sunday, April 02, 2006

Oh Silly Mummy!

Jasmine is 4. To celebrate, Naomi and Ian took an entire herd of little sprogs to Cannon Hall Farm near Barnsley.

I was going to take Maia, as millions of sugar-hyped kids is very much not Pat's cup of tea. Anyway, Maia and I dashed out of the house (ten minutes late already! Bugger!) and began the trip to Barnsley. 45 minutes and countless games of I-Spy later, we pulled up, still ten minutes (and a bit) late. We paid-and-displayed, and made our way to the entrance. Knowing I was late, I called Naomi and said "Hello - we are here, where abouts are you?"

"Morrison's. The party is tomorrow."

Bugger bugger bugger

Anyway, I explained my mistake to Maia who said "Oh Silly Mummy!" which pretty much summed it up.

Maia and I went in anyway, saw lots of cute guinea pigs, rabbits, llamas, sheep, chicken, and piglets. Oh the piglets! They were tiny and supercute. Disturbingly, the vent from the cafe was next to the building housing the piglets, so all I could smell was tasty bacon. But otherwise, it was very cool.

Maia was seriously excited about washing her hands, to the extent that I was thinking OCD. When I talked to her about it, she explained that they have sinks her size so she can do everything allbyherself. Which is fair enough.

As I was rehearsing for swashbuckling on Sunday morning, Pat did the return trip. So, having been thwarted on her farm trip last week (link) Maia got to go twice in one weekend.

No comments: