Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weed On in Weedon

It was my own fault - I was excited to see Lisa, my friend from antenatal classes, and so forgot to offer Maia a pee after our journey down to Lisa and Austin's house in Northants.

Charlie and Matthew were getting christened, so Maia was in a lovely green Church-Church Party Dress. It had great big pink flowers all over it, and a really full swishy skirt. So, off we went, Maia to play in a playhouse in the garden, me to find Lisa to catch up. After a while, I joined Maia in the playhouse. Suddenly I heard a splashing noise, and saw the look of surprise on Maia's face as she got caught out. Ah.

Amazingly, due to the fullness of the skirt she managed to miss getting the dress wet at all. We had a quick shower, borrowed a pair of pants and socks from Charlie, put on the wellies that had been lurking in the car and we were good to go.

A more eclectic outfit than originally planned, but that often happens with Maia. I am sure God didn't mind.

No comments: