Friday, April 15, 2005

A Pox on our House

Chicken, not small (obviously, otherwise you would be reading about this from a more established news source). Maia's week-long lethargy and sickness and grizzliness now has many manifestations - lots of red spots. They itch like crazy and mean she is grizzling with renewed fervour. Although at least she is now eating and keeping things down.

I phoned the school, to see if anyone else had come down with it, and sure enough it has been doing the rounds. It is majorly infectious, I know, and all kids have to go through it, but bugger bugger bugger!!

Unless IsabelVerginty is one of The Spotted Ones, party is definitely off this Saturday. I am going to try and find out who else is infected, and see if we can get the kids together to play with each other. Another week sat in front of bad kids TV (why is there no Sesame Street in the UK?) with a bored and ill child, and I might just come out in spots myself.

No comments: