Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Nits Nits Nits

Not on us, but there was a rather snotty note that got handed out at school today saying:

'We have noticed that a number of children in the Warren room have live headlice. Would you please comb your child's hair tonight.' Accompanying this wristslap was a handout about how to look for headlice, what they look like, and how to get rid of them.

So, of course I zoomed home as fast as I could

'Oh god, PLEASE let me not have missed them, PLEASE let her not be one of the ones with things crawling about on her head! icky icky icky!'

All the while, I was trying to ease Maia gently into the possibility that we might have to have a bath in the afternoon! And wash her hair with Special Shampoo. She suggested it was to get rid of the spiders, so I guess there are some Warren Room Chinese-whispers going on.

I spent a good few minutes poring over her head (having bribed her to sit still by letting her eat some jelly that they had made in class today) making sure she really REALLY didn't have nits. I was worried that I might not see them, but if they can notice them at school when there are 15 kids in the class, I am sure I wouldn't miss them standing 5 cm from Maia's skull.

Will be doing regular combing from here on in. If there are loads of the little buggers hopping about, we will have to be vigilant. I just hope somehow, we escape them. Yuck!

No comments: