Friday, January 13, 2006

Nits and Crosses

Ugh.

We got given a nit comb at school this week, by Mrs Cross, Maia's new teacher. I thought it was a marketing thing "Here! Have a comb!"...Until we used it, and discovered a couple of little tiny white eggs. And now I am all itchy.

I don't want to freak Maia out, so I have been talking in VERY general terms about getting some Special Shampoo and changing her pillow. We spent a while in the bath, wet-combing her hair and she seemed distracted enough by the bath crayons not to ask too many questions.

I wonder if she would be freaked out, at all. Probably not. She does tend to take things in her stride, but then she has never had critters living in her hair before.

S'cuse me - must go buy some Super Strength GETTHEMOFFME Shampoo.

No comments: