Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Inventive Use of Everyday Objects, Number 324

I was going to a fancy dress party on Saturday, and collected a whole load of alternative costume bits and bobs on my bed to assemble into Something Creative. The theme was Enchanted Forest, and I was either going as a woodland fairy-type thing (in green and brown) or a Narnia-esque Ice Queen. In the end I went for the green and brown, twisted ivy in my hair and donned lots of green make-up.

But not before I had bought some white feathery hairsticks that looked like little mini feather-dusters that had caught a particularly glittery spiderweb. Maia was sitting on my bed 'helping' me get ready when she chanced upon these.

"Oooh, Mummy! Did you buy these as a present for me?"

"Not originally - I was going to put them in my hair to be a snow queen, but I don't need them now, so you can have them if you would like them."

She hopped off the bed, clutching her prize. Standing by the bed she looked intently at the hairsticks, and then at me.

"Look, Mummy! They are for sweeping toes!"

And she amused herself for the rest of the time it took to apply my makeup by sweeping my toes, her toes, and Bear's toes.

No comments: