Friday, December 09, 2005

School Report

Well, there you have it. I quite like Mrs Hunt again. We went to our very first Parent-Teacher event at Collegiate Montessori, to be told that Maia is lovely and sociable and bright and well behaved and wonderful.

Well, we knew that anyway, of course (and so did you, I am sure) but I had a twinge of wariness given Mrs Hunt's propensity for being disappointed in ME when my child behaves like a normal three-year-old. With terrible aim.

Anyway, Maia can recognise her shapes, count to 5 (I was thinking 5?? She can go to 20 and you are happy with FIVE???) and knows all her colours, apart from brown (which is fair enough, really, it is not pretty). She is well behaved, knows the rules and regulations of the school and happily does what the teachers ask her to do.

We are supplementing her reading lessons at home in a way that gained enthusiastic approval from Mrs Hunt.

Oh, and Maia is is excellent at Music. So much so that she is a star in the Christmas play.

Excusez-moi while I go and purchase a Volvo 4x4 and explode with my own smugness.

No comments: