Friday, September 29, 2006

Fun Evening? Not So Much...

OK, am beginning to see just how different it must be if you have a kid and don't work from home. I have had an avalanche of work. Most of it is with the States, so I have been working a full day (mostly on my company stuff) then picking up Maia and sharing dinnerbathbed duties with Pat, and then going back to work till late.

Now, if I wasn't working from The Garage, and my journey to work took more than 20 seconds, I would never see her.

I mean, NEVER. The night before last (when Maia and I had all these great plans for a fun evening) we had a surprise dinner guest. So, straight after school, we had to go food shopping. I had been planning a Cereal for Dinner Day, and that is strictly family only. Then the latter part of Maia's day was spent watching me cook and listening to Pat play music downstairs. I think she had fun, but I felt rotten. No part at all was spent colouring, playing, looking at guinea pigs and enjoying each other's company. And she didn't even get fish fingers, because we were all out. Ugh.

Have got her from 1pm today though, so we are going to have a run about in the park with George and have tea with Isabel, George and possibly Sofia. Then it is the weekend, so should get some good stuff in there... And I am going to go stock up on fish fingers.

No comments: