Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Catherine F's wedding

A couple of weeks ago, we went to a wedding reception in East Sussex for my friend Catherine Fisher and her new husband Mick. Maia was a superstar. She was so excited about camping that she didn't really complain about the long trip down there.

When we got there (after a bit of a diversion to get lost) Maia settled into the serious business of Making Friends. There were a load of space hoppers in the field by the marquee and Maia bounced her way into a few groups of kids and adults to say hello.

Later on, after dinner and speeches (and a rather amusing episode with an insistent Maia, a box of confetti and the bride who was eating her pudding) she and I were bopping on the dance floor. I had her high on my shoulders to see exactly what was going on, and three (3) separate groups of people, whom I had not met, said "Hi Maia, how you doing?"

She replied "Good! My mummy and I are dancing!" When I asked Miss Maia who these people were, she said "People I met. They like me."

What a superstar.

We spent the morning after the night before picking sloes to make homemade sloe gin. Have to say, she is better at making friends than fruit-picking...

No comments: