Sunday, July 09, 2006

Spending Summer Afternoons

I take Maia out of school on a Wednesday (for ballet) and a Friday (for going to the park when it is sunny, and hosting gangs of marauding kids in the house when it isn't.)

Pat and Mum have decided to each take Maia for an afternoon this summer and do Something Fun with her. Pat is going to take Thursdays and Mum, Tuesdays.

The motivation is two fold, really. She goes to Big School next January, and we will not be able to take her out of school to do Something Fun just because we fancy it. And, it will save some cash.

Although, I am not sure just how much we will end up saving....Friday afternoon I picked Maia up at 1 (thus saving myself £10) and then promptly spent £30 on a new pair of tramping sandals for her, and £5 on a couple of sandwiches and drinks for while we pottered about the park.

So that means I saved minus £25. Yay me! Financial directorship of Enron just round the corner....

No comments: