Monday, January 17, 2005

Three in a Bath - 21st December 2004

Tanya, Tom and Charlotte came for dinner and a movie (Oh Shrek! Where would we be without you?) and some running about outside with Pat... (for Tom and Charlotte, of course, Tan and I stayed in the warm and drunk tea.)

Tom really enjoyed spending time with Pat - running about outside, popping bubbles and yelling and shouting for all he was worth. Charlotte and Maia were also outside for a while, but didn't partake so enthusiastically of the 'spin-me-round, no, throw-me-in-the-air, no, chase-me' games. They preferred to come inside and toddle about the place on the ladybird and bike trundle toys.

We did dinner in stages, with kids eating first, then grown-ups sitting down to the delicate strains of Shrek and mild squabbles from the other room. After dinner, it was bathtime for the three of them.

Maia was only slightly put out that there seemed to be FAR more people in her bath than normal, and soon was happily making introductions to all her bath toys, teletubbies and sponges. After a small spat over who would be washed with the ladybird (Maia) and who would hold Tinky-Winky (Charlotte) we hauled them out, dried them off and sent them downstairs for milk and cookies. After milk and cookies for the little ones and tea for the grown-ups we waved goodbye to the clan as they made their way home.

A good afternoon all round I think - loads of fun but MAN more than one baby is alot of work. I definitely have the utmost admiration and awe for people like Tan who have to manage TWO kids (or more) day in and day out. I would be run ragged. I think one baby is fine for me, for the moment.

No comments: