Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Papi's Riposte/Re-Post

No, really...

This is all a rather pathetic and wimpish attempt to divert attention and sympathy away from the Real Right Thumb Disaster.

Which happened about the same time, to about the same anatomical region, and has not (yet) been cyber-broadcast!

You can picture, if you will, the scene...

H-overworked, h-underpaid, hassled and harried, hungry humble hemployee arrives home hexausted and (as is his wont) opens fridge and peers inside for snackables prior to dinner.

Spotting a likely quiche, he grabs quiche dish with right hand and attempts to transport it to kitchen counter with every intention of carving it into munchable slices while simultaneously pouring glass of red wine.

At which point said quiche dish shatters for no apparent reason (and yes we did buy it at Kelly's, if you must know).

Said quiche dish, being empty of quiche thumb-side and heavy with quicheness on opposite side, gravity then takes over and everything then starts heading south at a considerable rate of knots.

All that is, except for a portion of shattered porcelain, which tarries awhile en route to gouge huge chunks of thumb.

Dinner is no longer an immediate or viable prospect.

During 4 hours in ER and en route to 20 stitches I tried to enliven proceedings

"Are you allergic to anything?" said the nurse

"Only quiche dishes" said I.

Then I tried a real ancient one on the doctor...

"Will I be able to play the violin after this?" Answer...... "I don't see why not"

"Well, I'd better start taking lessons then"

Oh dear - you see what boredom does!

Anyhow.

Just for the record, I myself and me am not guilty of extreme klutz-ness in shutting my own digit in the doorjamb.

Ergo........I am a victim of circumstance and, as such, far more deserving of tender sympathy.


Posted by Papi

No comments: