Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Grannie Lone Pushes the Present Bar Sky High

Cleone bought Maia a little blue doll's pushchair for Lucy (her talking doll) and Annabell (her odd-looking Oxfam rescue doll). Maia was more than overjoyed. I heard her reaction as she opened the present, and it went a little something like this...

"WOW!! I needed this for my babies!" She was wide-eyed with awe at Grannie Lone's mindreading abilities, perhaps forgetting her almost constant requests for a pushchair over the past few weeks. When she told Noonah that Grannie Lone had bought her a pushchair for her dolls she was so excited, she jumped up and down while reiterating just how much she needed it.

She trundled around in bliss, naked as the day she was born, pushing her babies in her new blue pushchair. I don't know where the dolls and babies impulse has come from although I am pretty sure it is nature not nurture. She gets balance, anyway. We have a Thomas The Tank Engine Book. I think...somewhere...

No comments: