Tuesday, June 28, 2005

My Little Angle

Maia has a cold. She developed it at record breaking speed, too - I noticed a couple of bogies while we were at the park yesterday, and within 20 minutes rivers of The Green Stuff were flowing from her nostrils.

When she has NoseNiagara, her sleep tends to be really disturbed. In the early part of the evening I was in her room four times to wipe her nose, tuck her back in and pick her up off the floor as she rolled out of bed (twice). I decided that she would be better off in a big bed with me, so I could do all the necessary caretaking within the comfy environs of my own duvet.

Pat relocated to the spare room with something approaching glee, as it meant he got the bed, the whole bed, and nothing but the bed.

Maia and I settled down pretty well. Then, in one co-ordinated and expertly planned manoeuvre, she wiggled herself perpendicular to me. Feet tucked under my tummy, she pushed, and I found myself spilling over the side. OK, I thought, I'll pick her up and move her.

Done.

Just as I was falling back asleep, she did it again.

This time, I thought I would be clever. I also moved across the bed, so apart from my feet dangling over the edge, we had loads of space.

It was at that point that she started to get sarcastic. She went at right angles again, head on pillows at the top of the bed. I gave up.

We slept fitfully, and Maia woke me up early to say that I wasn't sleeping in the bed right.

"You should sleep at the top of the bed, Mummy, like this" she said, angelic in the bright morning sunshine.

Uh huh.

No comments: